Some claims will need to be attested to by recognized Authorities, Trusted Parties etc.
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number/Country
- Residency Status
- Is over 13, 18, 21
- Photo of user
- Email address
- Social Media Account Verification (Verified Checkmark)
- Mobile Number
- Temporary Security Authorisaions
- Accreditations: Credits, Diplomas, Degrees etc - Extension of Open Badges.
- Invoices/Purchase Orders
- Bank Records - Verifiable Records
- Car Rental / Temporary Control (limited in scope - time / location)
- Lock Opening certain doors… etc
- QR Codes - Most DID Apps use QR Codes
- NFC - This is another mechanism which could be used
- Paymail - I will focus on this aspect for the purposes of this hackathon.
- Why the requester is asking for that data.
- The restrictions of use/storage of that data. Ie a licence from the user,
- The amount of time that user can have access to that data.
- Also what data is needed, piece by piece.
- What is optional?
Process of Requesting Verifiable Claims
The Request Data Post
With details of the who is requesting the data, including the authority chain of the requester if appropriate.
The BitCoin blockchain acts as ourOn-Chain Credential Repository
A verifiable claim is a qualification, achievement, quality, or piece of information about an entity's background such as a name, government ID, payment provider, home address, or university degree. Such a claim describes a quality or qualities, property or properties of an entity which establish its existence and uniqueness. The use cases outlined here are provided in order to make progress toward possible future standardization and interoperability of both low- and high-stakes claims with the goals of storing, transmitting, and receiving digitally verifiable proof of attributes such as qualifications and achievements. The use cases in this document focus on concrete scenarios that the technology defined by the group should address.
Excerpt from https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-use-cases/